Applied Scholastics Online Academy is a non-profit, fully accredited home study program. We help parents work with their children. Registration includes: researching the legal homeschool requirements of the state or country, collecting records, issuing identification cards, assigning assessments and questionnaires and providing teacher training materials. Registration also includes evaluating student assessments, reviewing parent and student questionnaires, writing a customized program that incorporates Study Technology1 and curriculum recommendations tailored to the student.
- After registering, students complete assessments online to help our staff determine what academic skills have been mastered and to identify any gaps.
- A customized student program is prepared which includes information about the student’s personal interests and educational goals and, from the parent questionnaire, any personal or academic concerns.
- This customized program matches the student’s interests and goals. Programs are written for approximately one year of schooling. An e-copy of the program is emailed to the parent; a hard copy is sent with student’s book order.
- A yearly educational program is offered as part of monthly tuition. This is done upon program completion or one year after the program is issued, whichever comes first. All attendance, student progress and tuition must be current. Providing a new program requires reassessments and updated questionnaires which are also used to update the student’s records. Annual ID cards may also be reissued upon request.
- Materials are purchased separately. On average, families spend about $300 to $600 per program. Some materials may be shared among students of similar age or grade level. We publish as many electronic materials as possible to keep cost down but hard copy textbooks remain a component of our school curriculum.